Friday, October 7, 2011

Staying Empowered

Empowerment doesn't mean that you become a bully or obnoxious. It simply means that you know what you know and trust in an inner strength or spiritual guidance to make decisions for yourself. We have to start within and the clearer we are and the healthier our day to day life choices will bring about amazing results. I feel it is important how we not only nourish our bodies with wholesome foods, but also our minds and spirit. Get rid of the junk in our lives on all levels and  tap into that reservoir we have within to make wise choices. It's amazing!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog. Great look and great name. I'm thinking this will be a really positive place to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much and be sure and send me your thoughts which will add an abundance of positive energy and hopefully accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure which category this post would go under so it's OK to move it if necessary.

    I recall reading about an experiment or maybe it was a challenge, and I also recall that I tried it. This was years ago.

    You were supposed to make note every day of one nice thing that happened to you -- a smile, a kind word, someone held a door for you to pass. Then when you have time, recall the kindness and find three things about yourself that may have caused this kindness.

    I vaguely remember trying it and liking it. It forced me to think positive about myself. (Though I mostly think some people are just thoughtful.)

    Anyone else heard of this technique?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie:
    Your post is perfect in this spot or in the Thankfulness blog I posted. In my blog I think I gave the way to start your day and be grateful for what your day will bring and your memory serves you well as I think what you point out is how you end your day and I believe Oprah Winfrey brought this forth on her television show a few years back and it really works. Great reminder. Thanks Marie

    ReplyDelete