Saturday, October 8, 2011

Is Getting Sick Really Getting Well?

Isn't it interesting that with all our scientific advances there is no "cure" for the common cold? You used to hear a lot about monies being raised to study this problem that hits millions every time the seasons change, but I haven't heard any discoveries yet have you? Here's what I know for sure. When we experience the symptoms of a cold or flu whatever you want to call it, what happens? We get stuffy or runny nose...chills sometimes, fever, headache and sometimes achy all over. How long does it last? 3 to 5 days. That condition in natural health is considered a natural healing  with mother nature interceding to help us get rid  of physical, mental and even emotional overload and stress. Yet traditional care is usually to do everything possible to stop the process. Shove it back. Stop the process. Antibiotics  and it takes the same 3 to 5 days. What can you do? Ease it along with rest, homemade chicken soup, time released vitamin C every 3 or 4 hours, a good glass of prune juice or a couple of cascara sagrada at bedtime to detoxify your colon.  Healthy diet and a brand new you emerges. Amazing if we just learn to listen to our bodies and back off when we are doing too much and not taking care to eat healthy and stay positive. What do you think? Had any experiences you want to share?

5 comments:

  1. I appreciate your comments and taking the time to complete your profile and become one of my followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently started taking vitamins. I think I can see a difference. I'm less tired and sleep better. But I don't know which ones worked. I added Vitamin C - first 1,000 mg, then raised it to 2,000 mg. Also taking D-3 and a multiple for seniors.

    I now wish I had added them one at a time. I was having a lot of allergy problems and they seem quite a bit better also. Any way to know which ones are doing good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of traditional care is aimed at alleviating the symptoms, sometimes pushing them underground for a later resurgence. I've even had a doctor say to me, "we don't know why its behaving like this, but we dare not leave the symptoms untreated, even if we can't find the cause"
    Struck me as fire fighting with an old blanket.
    There must be a better more insightful way to treat. Sadly even the most enlightened doctors seem to be short on time to take this approach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Pat: I have been working in the field of natural holistic health for over 25 years and every so often you actually find a traditional medical Doctor who treats the patient instead of the disease. It's very sad and I believe the ultimate cures for most all of our ailments will come about when the physicians listen to their patients and the patients get better acquainted with their bodies and stay empowered. It is so liberating when you find the courage to tell the Doctor "no" I will not take chemotherapy or "no" I don't want back surgery as a prevention to worse possible back problems or "no" I don't want an invasive test unless I know why I am having it". More people need to simply say "no" and take better care of themselves. Funny how we have the commercials on saying "say no to drugs....just say no". Like you say get to the cause and stop treating the symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Marie: In regards to your vitamin regime. How did you come up with needing a multiple vitamin and extra vitamin C? There are several non-invasive tests that can determine what your body is actually missing. Here are some things to be aware. Very few people ever need multiple vitamins unless their diet is missing fruits and vegetables and that person has healthy habits of diet and exercise. More people need vitamin B complete or balanced since we lose them daily. Vitamin C should be taken in between meals in a time released form in a base of rose hips possibly. Isolating vitamins into your system can deplete your calcium. You wouldn't guess what your automobile needs, why yourself?
    I provide long distance consulting as well as in person and my clients do fantastic with the right program and direction. I am here to support you.

    ReplyDelete