Thursday, October 13, 2011

Arthritis.

The worst case I ever worked with had a middle aged over weight woman come to me with the following complaints.
(1) Pain in her feet, legs, back, neck and shoulders so severe and steady that she had to sleep sitting up in a chair when she could get sleep.
(2) She was constipated, bloated and absolutely miserable. She couldn't wear shoes her size, but sneakers that were larger and cut on the sides to be able to even walk short distances and then with the use of a walker.
Medical treatment was a drug called Metholtrexate (sic). That's it!
I found working with her through the aid of iridology, hair analysis and applied kinesiology she was lacking calcium/magnesium and vitamin D for starters along with having a weak liver possibly from the medication.
Her diet was awful. Instructions to eat fresh fruits and vegetables and start reading labels on any other foods. We worked on getting her colon working again along with digestion which all improved her so much that in three (3) weeks when she came back, she didn't need the walker. Slept in her own bed alongside her husband again and got a new pair of comfortable walking shoes that fit.
What was her Doctor's reaction to her progress? "You better cut down on the calcium. You don't need that much and you better bring me any information from the herbalist (me) before you take anything".
So sad to be so out of touch with our own bodies that someone can convince you that what is working is not!. I hope she continued as we ultimately lost touch. Guess it's an ego thing. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Some doctors do feel threatened that someone else might work where they cannot.
    I'm fortunate to have doctors recommend patients to me and even be envious of the time I spend with my patients.
    One senior consultant told one of my patients, stick to the complementary, they are doing more for you than I ever could.(in relation to a bad back)
    Having said that, not all doctors are as enlightened.
    Just as in the profession I used to work in, its the middle managers who get twitchy. The top boys are comfortable enough in their skill to admit when they're not working.

    ReplyDelete